Friday, October 31, 2014

Witches in the Pumpkin Patch

Immediately, following the end of the Autumn challenge SVG Cuts announced a Halloween challenge.  They had mentioned earlier that they might do one so I had already made a pumpkin in preparation however I had to wait to hear what kits were going to be allowed before proceeding any further than that.

I used Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells.  I just love this collection.  I wanted to carry the theme of the paper in the pumpkin up into the top decoration.

Spooky scene with pumpkin next to headstone

In order to do this I made a bed of flowers as my base.  I have the witch on patrol for the night around her house.  The Big Jack-o-Lantern is from Fright Night, the House, Jack-o-lantern (little) and flowers are from the Haunted Forest kit.  The rosette spiderweb is in the Catacomb Manor kit, the moon is a free file and the spider is from the Spooky Soiree kit.

The house and the jack-o-lantern are scaled down to 35%.  The house is 4 and a half inches tall.

Close up of pumpkin, witches house and spiderweb

I just love the way it all turned out.

Close up of witch house and pumpkin

I think the moon added just the right touch.

SClose up of top of pumpkin showing scene of a small pumpkin, witch house, spiderweb and flowers

I glued a square piece of Styrofoam to the inside of the pumpkin and added floral wire to all the pieces (you can see it a little behind the web, from the moon), and arranged the pieces in the pumpkin.  My biggest obstacle was coming up with something to attach the wire to for the house.  So, I made a trip to Michael's.  The young lady who works there suggested using a button.  What a wonderful idea.  So I wrapped the wire around the button and then hot glued it to the bottom of the house.  This way I can still take it all apart and store it easily.

Another close up of the top of the pumpkin

I hope you enjoyed my Steampunk inspired pumpkin.  Happy Halloween.

Here is a list of the files I used:

Fright Night
Haunted Forest
Catacomb Manor
Spooky Soiree
Free Vintage Witch


Do what inspires you,

Cyndy G

No comments:

Post a Comment